Produce State Bank
Albert Lea, MN
The Credit Analyst reports directly to the Chief Credit Officer. In this capacity, works directly with lenders, lending assistants and other credit department staff to prepare thorough analysis on credit presentations and annual reviews for agricultural and commercial loans.
Provides input to management regarding process improvements and workflow suggestions. May provide workflow direction to others within Credit Department. Understands the technology used in the credit department.
Additionally, this position has the responsibility of various credit reports. This may include CECL, concentration reporting, substandard loan reporting, and more.
Will also support loan compliance. This can include fair lending, real estate compliance and more.
1. Performs complete credit/loan presentations including financial analysis collateral valuation, payment history, risk rating review, and any adverse industry or economic changes. Works directly with the borrower when necessary to obtain additional information.
2. Works directly with Lenders to prepare complete credit/loan presentations on new and existing relationships.
3. Works directly with Lenders, Lending Assistants, and Credit Department Staff to complete government guaranteed loan packages. Also completes necessary monitoring and reporting as required.
1. Understands compliance related to loan and credit aspects. This can include fair lending, and all real estate compliance issues.
2. Will perform periodic audits related to compliance to help assure that the Bank is following necessary laws and regulations.
Loan Review: 15%
1. Completes annual reviews to include the same information as above.
2. Performs portfolio risk assessment analysis. Monitors and reports to Manager as requested on specialized portfolios to analyze risk, determine asset quality and identify credit concentrations.
3. Monitors loan policy exceptions which includes loan approvals and loan to value exceptions.
Tracking and Reporting: 15%
1. Responsible as the primary user of the core system in terms of data analytics.
2. Will assist with CECL calculations, Watch List, Problem loan analysis and reporting and reserve requirements.
3. Will complete other credit department tracking. This might include problem loan reporting, external audit findings, concentration reports and more.
1. Makes recommendations for process improvements and workflow changes directly as a result of a larger, overall focus on operations and system utilization.
1. Takes a lead role in Credit Department as it relates to training other employees and sharing subject matter knowledge. As needed supports creating and maintaining procedural manuals.
2. Has advanced understanding of all applicable compliance and regulatory requirements as it relates to Credit Department and banking overall and is able to apply knowledge to day-to-day work processing. Shares knowledge and trains others.
3. Supports lenders in identifying cross sell opportunities. This may include deposit accounts or Cash Management products.
4. As part of the overall team of bank employees, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other bank activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics or equivalent experience
• At least five years of credit analyst related experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to interpret regulations and reports as well as the initiative to keep current on all relative regulatory and compliance changes and communicating these changes to other staff members;
• Displays a mastery and competence in all areas of credit and proactively shares and trains others on this information;
Attention to Detail and Work Ethic
• Ability to be flexible, multi-task and organize priorities in a fast-paced work environment;
• Maintain high level of focus and accuracy;
• Self-initiative in pursuing developmental opportunities;
• Ability to meet individual goals along with the ability to contribute in a team oriented environment to ensure departmental and bank wide goals are met;
• Has the desire and ability to abide by our core values of: Exemplary Customer Service,
• Effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to train, mentor, and provide work direction to less senior staff;
Technology and Efficiency
• High computer literacy including Word, Excel, and lending software.
• Ability to outline, document, and make recommendations for more streamlined and efficient credit processes;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Ability to develop metrics needed to manage performance
Customer – Internal and External
• Strong customer service values;
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
• Ability to deliver a high level of responsiveness to internal customers;
• High level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality;
How to Apply: