First State Bank and Trust
Associate Trust Officer
First State Bank and Trust is looking for motivated individuals to do more to help our clients and community achieve more. It's a formula that has worked for 100 years serving the St Croix Valley community. We do more by guiding our clients and building long-term and trusting relationships. As guides, we work alongside our clients every step of the way, helping them achieve more because we believe achievement is more than a transaction; it's a journey.
And this is the same philosophy that extends to our team. By building a culture of care and commitment, we do more to help our employees achieve more. Focusing on development and career growth, we look to guide our employees on their career journey by providing resources to build and strengthen skills as well as actively give back and support our community through volunteer outreach and engagement.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team and doing more to help you achieve more.
To learn more about us, visit www.fsbt.com
Join the First State Bank and Trust team!
The purpose of this position is to work with other trust officers to simplify the complex needs of clients. Working with individuals on retirement accounts, investment accounts and simple trusts. Supporting and working with experienced Trust members on all accounts
Summary of Job Duties:
1) Assist in developing new business among prospects and existing trust clients.
2) Assist in the management of conservatorships, trusts, and agency accounts.
3) Prepare and help manage clients' investments.
4) Assisted in reviews and became more familiar with trust agreements, wills, contracts, and other estate planning documents to limit regulatory and legal risk.
5) Regularly communicates with outside advisors and individual clients to fully understand client’s needs and deliver an excellent client experience.
6) Provides customer service to beneficiaries, financial advisors, attorneys, and Certified Public Accountants related to these trust accounts by servicing daily administration requests and resolving concerns.
7) Work with team to discuss and explain complex tax and estate planning concepts and trust terms with clients.
8) Responds to client inquiries regarding problems and questions while maintaining proper correspondence and legal files.
9) Coordinates with the team to carry out account administration and deliver financial reporting and planning materials for accounts.
10) Work with the team to develop and strengthen systems and processes to enhance the client experience, achieve account objectives, simplify operations, improve efficiencies, and mitigate risk.
11) Review and approve money movement transactions, tax, and accounting treatment, and confirm authorizations from clients, practice specialists, etc.
12) Ensure trust accounts are correctly billed for services rendered, including charges for unique or extraordinary services.
13) Assisted in probate by First State Bank and Trust’s policies and state laws.
14) Work with the team to ensure the Trust 15) Documents administer the trust.
16) Work with the team to ensure trust income is collected, distributed, and invested and the principal is managed correctly in agreements.
17) Produces and distributes a variety of reports using various software, etc.
18) Assisted in making sales presentations to prospective customers for opportunities, including investment management, IRAs, employee benefits, etc.
19) Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
20) Provide backup support to other Trust Officers to ensure that account services and transaction processing are not disrupted.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred. Aptitude and willingness to obtain CTFA, CFP, CPA, or JD
* 1 – 2 years of experience in trust administration, servicing, or managing fiduciary relationships preferred.
* Ability to work in a team-based environment, delegate appropriately, and effectively lead meetings.
* Proficiency and ability to use trust accounting systems, Microsoft products, and other automation tools.
* Highly skilled in written and verbal communication (especially in complex matters).
* Demonstrated a high level of interpersonal skills.
*Proficient in active listening.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Time management and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks. Advanced organizational skills are essential.
* Possess a detailed orientation.
* Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of information.
* Ability to manage difficult or emotional client situations.
How to Apply: