First State Bank and Trust
Universal Banker II
First State Bank and Trust is looking for motivated individuals to do more to help our clients and community achieve more. It's a formula that has worked for 100 years serving the St Croix Valley community. We do more by guiding our clients and building long-term and trusting relationships. As guides, we work alongside our clients every step of the way, helping them achieve more because we believe achievement is more than a transaction; it's a journey.
And this is the same philosophy that extends to our team. By building a culture of care and commitment, we do more to help our employees achieve more. Focusing on development and career growth, we look to guide our employees on their career journey by providing resources to build and strengthen skills as well as actively give back and support our community through volunteer outreach and engagement.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team and doing more to help you achieve more.
To learn more about us, visit www.fsbt.com
Join the First State Bank and Trust team!
This position serves as the lead Branch Banking banker in the branch assigned. The incumbent helps business, nonprofit, and consumer clients with their banking transactions and with the management of their financial resources by addressing questions; solving problems; identifying their needs; recommending the appropriate products and services based on those needs; selling the designated bank products they desire; or referring them to the appropriate individuals/departments who can fulfill their needs, as appropriate.
* Become a product expert on all deposit products, e-Banking products, ancillary/convenience products, overdraft protection, and consumer lending products.
* Have a basic understanding and knowledge of all the key wealth management products and services and the business lines that offer them.
* On a day-to-day basis, educate our clients on products and services that may improve their financial health based on their life stage, etc.
* Inform clients about product promotions, new products and services, etc.
* Generate business and respond to all leads as quickly as possible professionally, via phone, or personally, to grow new business.
* Perform any and all new account opening processes and procedures expeditiously and accurately.
· Become familiar with all the products and services offered within the organization.
Listen for opportunities to refer and deepen new and existing client relationships with products and services from other business units that may fulfill their needs.
* Work with other FSBT employees, including but not limited to Cash Management, Bank Services, Mortgage, Trust, Valley Insurance, etc., to help the client get the assistance they need.
Ensure the client’s needs are met by following up with them.
* Perform vault teller duties, which include but are not limited to:
o Accurately oversee and/or perform balancing of the ATM, cash drawers, gift cards, and “end of day” transactions (cash advances, coin machine, teller drawer, vault duties).
o Research and locate differences.
o Accurately make correcting entries on a timely basis.
o Communicate corrections/changes to the manager and/or operations.
o Work with the audit team when conducting audits.
* Originate and help service loans within authority limits and assigned lending products.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
High School diploma/GED. Two- or four-year post-secondary degree preferred.
A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a financial institution role, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in financial services or retail/business banking.
*2–3 years of previous banking experience with loan processing experience preferred
*Previous teller or cash handling experience preferred.
*Experience providing high quality customer service.
*High attention to detail.
How to Apply: