Sherburne State Bank
Retail Banking Officer
Sherburne State Bank has a position available for a Retail Banking Officer responsible for managing the retail operations of our three branches - located in Becker, Princeton, and Monticello.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Customer service standards
o Developing a culture that demonstrates a commitment to high-quality, high-touch customer service. Ensures customers feel welcome and important. Align customer service standards with the Bank’s vision.
o Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Provides coaching to team on handling challenging customer situations.
o Identify customer needs and ensure that customer experience is consistent and exceeds expectations across branch locations.
o Creates a positive working environment that facilitates impeccable customer service, bank profitability, and strong customer relationships.
• Team leadership and development
o Develops department’s strategic vision by identifying staffing and resource needs and communicating these with Chief Operations Officer. Aligns vision with the Bank’s strategy, vision, and mission.
o Responsible for ongoing employee retention and engagement. Provides annual employee performance reviews which creates accountability through performance measurement against objectives and goal setting, using the review process to build motivation and commitment.
o Responsible for individual employee performance. Identify, research, and recommend training opportunities that align with career path and future growth opportunities for department staff. Prepare, present, and monitor employee performance improvement plans. Conduct ongoing one-on-one coaching with team.
o Monitor portfolio of Personal Bankers, provide guidance, and assure quality is maintained in underwriting, pricing, and maintenance.
o Perform employment interviews and make hiring recommendations for vacant retail positions. Develop long-range staffing strategy.
o Responsible for developing training, succession, and employee development plans for the department. Provide coaching, mentoring, and managing all retail employees, including tellers, CSRs, and personal bankers.
o Ensures lead tellers have resources and support to complete daily operations. Ongoing collaboration with lead tellers to improve policies and procedures to increase efficiency.
o Ensures audit controls are followed to protect the bank from unnecessary risk and exposure. Support compliance with regulatory guidelines such as Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, and Regulation E.
o Maintain an excellent working knowledge of bank programs, products, compliance, policies, and regulations, and develops ongoing staff training on these areas.
o Maintain a strong knowledge of customer base. Generate opportunities to promote additional products based on existing and future client needs.
o Act as a resource by providing training and support relating to customer service, product features and requirements, marketing campaigns and compliance guidelines.
o Other duties and tasks, as assigned by bank leadership.
• Complete understanding of banking retail functions, including teller functions, new accounts, and consumer lending.
• Proven ability to motivate, train, and coach others
• Communicate effectively to multiple personality types, both written and orally
• Ability to set individual and department goals; hold team accountable.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Maintain a high level of professionalism and composure.
• Flexibility to adapt to changes in work schedule and location on short notice.
• Strong decision-making ability and problem-solving abilities.
• Desire to grow market share and customer base
• Proven ability to execute strategy and vision.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and the internet.
• High level of accuracy and timeliness
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to creatively formulate solutions.
• 1-3 years’ experience in a Supervisory or Management position within Finance/Banking industry
• 3-5 years’ experience in retail banking, including consumer lending.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management, or related field
• CSI NuPoint experience preferred, but not required
How to Apply:
Email Resume to Human Resource Officer