Sherburne State Bank
Commercial Loan Processor
This position provides clerical and secretarial support to the commercial lending processing function of the bank, and prompt, courteous customer service. This position requires handling more complex transactions and assignments in the loan processing area. This position is responsible for all Commercial and Consumer non-real estate loan documentation. For ensuring that all loan documentation, maintenance, reporting, compliance documentation, and training tasks are completed in compliance with the applicable regulations, Bank policies and procedures or special requirements as dictated by the President and/or Chief Lending Officer. Assists Loan Officers with requests and tasks needed to complete the process to close the loan and maintain the loan file. Provides first level support to Loan Officers and branch staff regarding customer Loan issues.
· Responsible for accuracy in all functions performed. Ensure daily task completion.
· Ensure Loan documents are accurate, and files are complete per bank policy and procedures and compliance.
· Accurately input loans, account and file maintenance, and changes on the core system.
· Filing of legal documents and perfecting lien positions on vehicles.
· Tracking and follow up of legal documents presented to the County Recorder, Auditor and Treasurer and titles presented to the DMV/DVS.
· Verify all insurance received in the mail is checked with the system for coverage on commercial files and update as necessary. Flood insurance tickled and scanned for proper flood zones, coverage and cancellation dates
· Managing UCC’s and Flood documents for critical loan information and renew/continue when needed.
· Ensure loan payments and payoffs are processed timely and accurately.
· Ability to manage loan and document tracking system for file completeness.
· Accurately scanning of client information and documentation including appraisal, environmental and all financial information along with tax returns for commercial files.
· Proficiency and accuracy related to loan documentation, maintenance, and compliance.
· In-depth knowledge of Bank’s consumer and commercial loan products.
· Assist with loan inquiries, providing high-quality internal customer service.
· Research requests for loan documentation or account questions for internal and external customers.
· Actively suggest process, procedure, and policy changes to improve department function.
· Provide insight to process and procedure to assist leadership in overall organizational growth and sustainability.
· Transparency with leadership regarding departmental errors, needs, including time, resources, education.
· Develop and thoroughly understanding procedures to identify potential fraud, risk, exposure when assisting customer, branch staff, and leadership.
· Ability to resolve errors promptly and escalate to leadership as necessary.
· Effective and tactful communication with customers, internal and external, creating and maintaining good relations in day-to-day contact and the handling of complicated issues.
· Other tasks and projects as assigned as deemed necessary for department functionality or as assigned by leadership.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Desire and ability to learn new products and processes. Actively seeks opportunities to improve department by looking beyond the surface.
· Great attention to detail.
· Knowledge and thorough understanding of inner workings of loan accounts including set up, maintenance and payments.
· Knowledge and understanding of Bank Regulations for Commercial and Consumer loans.
· Excellent time management, organization, and independent work abilities. Self-starting, strong desire to learn, and keen problem-solving abilities are essential.
· Ability to multi-task when presented with complex and involved projects is necessary.
· Ability to function in a high-volume environment and within time constraints to meet deadlines.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision.
· Strong in-person and verbal phone skills.
· General Math Skills
Two-year college or technical degree preferred and/or two years of bank operations experience. Focus on Commercial Loan Documentation and Consumer Loan Documentation and regulations.
How to Apply:
Email Resume to HR