Sherburne State Bank
Deposit Operations Specialist
This position is responsible for all Deposit Operations functions. Responsible for ensuring that all maintenance, legal, reporting, compliance documentation, and training tasks are completed in compliance with the applicable regulations, Bank policies and procedures or special requirements as dictated by the deposit approval authority. Responsible for deposit account daily operations and resolutions. Provides first level support to branch staff regarding customer or account processing issues. Responsible for daily GL reconciliation and maintaining a clean and accurate deposit customer data base. Provides direct external customer support to Treasury customers.
• Responsible for accuracy in all functions performed. Ensure daily task completion and duty rotation occurs.
• Ensure the system is maintained to the highest standards. Data integrity it paramount.
• Exception item processing (non-posted items, NSFs, stop pays, charge backs) based on daily reports and officer input.
• Deposit account file maintenance (address changes, customer information changes, account type changes, sweeps, etc.). Involved project requests to improve the accuracy related to core applications.
• Creating, interpreting, and reviewing complex internal daily, weekly, monthly reports.
• Accurately scanning of client information and documentation. Complete deposit account documentation knowledge is necessary.
• Proficiency and accuracy related to item processing (check adjustments, return processing, foreign items, teller adjustments, ACH, wire transfer).
• Balancing and accounting for any differences in assigned general ledger and deposit accounts.
• In-depth knowledge of Bank’s consumer and commercial deposit products.
• Develop and thoroughly understanding procedures to identify potential fraud, risk, exposure when assisting customer, branch staff, and leadership.
• Assisting with branch inquiries, providing high-quality internal customer service. Research of complex requests for internal and external customers.
• Providing leadership with necessary reports, including general ledger reports and other reports as requested.
• Proactively identify areas of risk or process deficiency. Actively suggest process, procedure, and policy changes to improve department function.
• Collaborate with operations team and leadership to accomplish goals and lead the department in strategic growth. Provide insight to process and procedure to assist leadership in overall organizational growth and sustainability.
• Transparency with leadership regarding departmental errors, needs, including time, resources, education.
• Ability to resolve errors promptly and escalate to leadership as necessary. Communication with leadership regarding errors is necessary.
• Communicate with external customer as necessary and requested by leadership.
• Other tasks and projects as assigned as deemed necessary for department functionality or as assigned by leadership.
• Desire and ability to learn new products and processes. Actively seeks opportunities to improve department by looking beyond the surface and digging deeply into operations.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand complex software, including but not limited to core banking applications and ancillary products. CSI experience is preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge and thorough understanding of all payment systems, including ACH operations, check processing, electronic banking, and debit card products.
• Understanding deposit operations functionality, integration, general ledger accounting, and internal procedure.
• Knowledge and understanding of Bank Regulations, including but not limited to electronic banking, deposit regulation, and NACHA operating rules.
• Excellent time management, organization, and independent work abilities. Self-starting, strong desire to learn, and keen problem-solving abilities are essential.
• Ability to multi-task when presented with complex and involved projects is necessary.
• Ability to write in a technical and professional manner, including procedure and correspondence.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills which demonstrate the ability to research problems and provide appropriate solutions.
• Ability to function in a high-volume environment and within time constraints to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision.
• Strong in-person and verbal phone skills.
Two-year college or technical degree preferred and/or two years of bank operations experience. Focus on Deposit or Retail Banking Operations, electronic banking, and ancillary applications is preferred. This position does not require management of department staff. AAP/APRP/NCP accreditation, or willingness to obtain, is desired.
How to Apply:
Email Resume to Eleza Sebesta email@example.com