United Bankers' Bank
United Bankers’ Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Manager on our Credit Administration team. This individual focuses on credit underwriting of prospective and existing client relationships and actively participates in the credit approval process. This position also ensures that loan portfolios adhere to existing policies and regulatory specifications. The Portfolio Manager works in a team setting with Lenders and Credit Analysts and is responsible for an assigned book of business.
This position is based in Bloomington, Minnesota and will have the opportunity to work remotely up to two days per week.
• Analyzes and underwrites commercial customers and credit products that include commercial real estate, commercial and industrial businesses, agriculture, bank holding companies and their subsidiary banks and individuals.
• Possesses considerable knowledge of credit policies, credit analysis, procedures and philosophy.
• Structures various types of commercial credit and evaluating collateral with respect to value, marketability and control.
• Provides ongoing administration of an assigned loan portfolio including review of the financial and business status of the borrower and recommends risk rating changes when appropriate.
• Supervises the loan renewal cycle and works with the Lender to facilitate credit approval and loan documentation as needed.
• Conducts annual reviews as part of ongoing portfolio monitoring.
• Resolves credit problems, delinquent payment issues and other related affairs.
• Monitors loan covenants to ensure compliance and follow-ups on any covenant violations.
• Develops strong relationships and ensures prompt communication with client banks and borrowers via written or verbal correspondence.
• Sends and tracks correspondence and follows up on loan requests in a timely manner.
• Verifies that loan bookings directly correlate with the terms of the approval.
• Assists Credit Administration management in preparing reports on loan portfolio metrics.
• Serves as a mentor to assist other Credit Analysts in their professional development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field with formal credit training or MBA
• 5 – 10 years of experience in credit administration activities
• Previous experience as a Portfolio Manager in a Commercial Banking setting
• Demonstrated financial and risk analysis skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technical aptitude
• Problem solving and presentation skills
How to Apply:
To view a summary of our superior benefits package and apply for this position, please visit our Careers page at https://www.ubb.com/about-us/careers.
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN and chartered in 1975, United Bankers’ Bank (UBB) is the nation’s first bankers’ bank. Today, UBB has over $1 billion in assets, and is a trusted correspondent banking partner to over 1,000 community banks from the West Coast to the Great Lakes and South Atlantic. Our “First for Your Success” motto is a guiding principle that establishes the success of each and every customer and UBB employee as our number one priority.