The Bank of Elk River
At The Bank of Elk River, our passion is people. Our employees, our customers, and our community are the reason we love to come to work each and every day. We know that when people come together with a shared vision, amazing things happen. We are a company of ambitious, tireless people working together to build a better financial future for our customers and our communities.
Being in business for over 135 years means we know what we are doing and we do it well. We are constantly challenging ourselves to deliver better, faster and more meaningful, personalized services. Our customers know our name and we know generations of business owners. We are committed to making a difference in our customers’ lives through our unceasing pursuit of innovation and transcendence.
People join The Bank of Elk River for the opportunity of a new job, but stay because they have found a dynamic, challenging career. Discover what’s possible.
This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to current and potential customers. Accurately processes financial transactions and maintains cash accuracy in cash drawer. Cross-sells bank products and services by looking for sales opportunities while assisting customers and non-customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides exceptional customer service to current and potential customers in a professional manner. Processes customer transactions accurately and efficiently and responds to customer inquiries in an efficient, timely and courteous manner. Uses down-time on Teller line advantageously.
• Meets balancing standards, maintains cash drawer limits, and exercises processing and proofing practices that ensure accuracy. Follows teller cash counting rules, such as counting cash three times.
• Maintains sound practices regarding fraud and follows all procedures to ensure necessary precautions are taking place to prevent loss to the bank (i.e. monitoring alerts on accounts; checking for proper endorsements, stop payments, holds, etc.) Communicates with other staff, remaining aware of customer or non-customer activity which could put the bank at risk.
• Has knowledge of bank products and services and is able to educate customers on basic checking and savings accounts. Actively looks for opportunities to cross sell products and services including making referrals to meet customer needs.
This position would be scheduled approximately 38 hours per week, every other Saturday and, typically, two to three closing shifts and two to three opening shifts.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 1-2 years job related experience.
It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with The Bank of Elk River’s “Code of Ethics Policy.” Each employee is also expected to maintain an awareness of the laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures that are appropriate for his/her position. Each employee must also comply with consumer protection laws that relate to his/her position.
The Bank of Elk River seeks individuals who share our core values of customer service, loyalty, and integrity. We are a community bank where our customers know they can count on our staff for experience, knowledge, and superior service to meet all of their banking needs. The Bank of Elk River is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply: