Sherburne State Bank
Senior Operations Leader
As the Senior Operations Leader, you are responsible for providing leadership and support to direct reports in day-to-day activities. This role is responsible for ensuring that department procedures and Bank policy are adhered to along with applicable laws and regulations. Technical knowledge is necessary, and this position will require task completion and leading staff on necessary functions. This role will also partner with department leaders on product implementation supporting the Bank’s strategic goals. Ideal candidates will have at least five years of financial institution experience in deposit and loan operations with proven management skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support, guidance and leadership to deposit and loan operations specialists. Ensure internal customer service expectations are met.
• Communicate changes in regulations, Bank policy and procedures with pertinent staff.
• Coordinate performance appraisals, promotions, and terminations within operations department.
• Work closely with the COO to accomplish the goals, objectives, and strategic plan.
• Measure the effectiveness of all internal and external processes.
• Participates in the review and recommendation of operational systems and procedures effecting the department.
• Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel.
• Motivate and lead a high-performance operations team. Daily management of operations staff.
• Foster a success-oriented, customer driven and accountable environment within the Bank.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Physical presence with the Bank.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Continually strive to create efficiencies, process improvements, and recommend corresponding operational changes.
• Knowledge and understanding of banking core and ancillary applications. CSI experience preferred, not required.
• Experience with ACH operations, check processing, electronic banking, and debit card products.
• Extensive knowledge of loan and deposit product, integration, general ledger accounting, and internal procedure. Able to make process and procedure improvements as necessary.
• Knowledge and understanding of Bank Regulations, including but not limited to electronic banking, deposit and loan regulation, and NACHA operating rules.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with treasury operations, including ACH origination, remote deposit capture, bill pay, and positive pay preferred, not required.
• Ability to create and interpret complex reports through data analytics software. CSI IQ preferred, not required.
• Excellent time management and delegation ability.
• Ability to successfully manage ongoing projects. Seek out opportunities to engage new projects. Prior project management experience is a plus.
Education and Experience:
Two-year college degree preferred and/or 5 years of bank operations experience. Focus on Deposit and Loan Operations, electronic banking, and ancillary applications is preferred. This position requires management experience of day-to-day supervision of staff and project management experience to implement new products or services. AAP/AARP/NCP accreditation, or willingness to obtain, is necessary.
How to Apply:
Email Resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org