Security Bank & Trust Co.
We are looking to grow and want a strong lender with business development skills to help spearhead the bank’s growth efforts in the Carver County / Twin Cities market. The VP Commercial Lending is responsible for managing and growing profitable commercial lending connections while developing sound relationships. In addition, the VP Commercial Lending will have the responsibility of ensuring that goals are met, partners are informed of current commercial lending protocols and the customers are engaged and satisfied with all Bank’s services.
• Manages quality commercial loan and deposit portfolio.
• Provides high level of customer service and builds strong banking relationships.
• Generates loan volume and fee income according to annual budget.
• Active participant in loan related committees and community organizations.
• Monitors portfolio quality through the review of financial statements and full account relationships.
• Participates in workout activity when necessary.
• Ensures compliance to policy, approval guidelines and bank regulations.
• Completes other duties as requested and provides backup to department staff as necessary and/or requested.
• Primary focus on new business development and relationship management with clear expectations on exceeding assigned sales and service goals.
• Products marketed include but are not limited to: credit, deposit, cash management and merchant services.
• Ability to source, structure and present business lending opportunities with transaction sizes up to $10,000,000 (our sweet spot consists of opportunities $5,000,000 and under).
• Effectively utilize credit support team for new originations and portfolio management.
• Maintain centers of influence and have a detailed plan to build relationships that lead to referral business to achieve goals.
• Build a collaborative internal relationship with key partners (team members and partner banks).
• Introduce clients to appropriate specialists to deepen share of wallet. Joint calling and prospecting with specialists depending on situation.
• Practice sound risk management protocols and adhere to internal and regulatory requirements.
Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify, change or add to the duties of this description at any time without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Business or related field (Preferred).
Five years or greater of sales experience within community banking, including a general knowledge of both commercial loan and deposit products/services (Required).
Three to five years of progressive responsibility within a financial organization to gain the necessary experience and background to manage a branch and deal effectively with colleague and customer relations (Required).
Language Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Conduct oneself with level of professionalism. Must be able to read, analyze and interpret industry journals and reports. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients or vendors, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Proven ability to present information to groups or individuals in a confident and professional manner.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Other Skills/Abilities/Specifications: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, is preferred. Strong sales skills commensurate with knowledge and experience. Superior human relations skills. Ability to work effectively under deadlines and pressure. Self-motivated, ability to work consistently and productively under minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
Submit resume to HR@security-banks.com