The Bank of Elk River
Elk River, MN
Senior Internal Auditor
At The Bank of Elk River, our passion is people. Our employees, our customers, and our community are the reason we love to come to work each and every day. We know that when people come together with a shared vision, amazing things happen. We are a company of ambitious, tireless people working together to build a better financial future for our customers and our communities.
Being in business for over 135 years means we know what we are doing and we do it well. We are constantly challenging ourselves to deliver better, faster and more meaningful, personalized services. Our customers know our name and we know generations of business owners. We are committed to making a difference in our customers’ lives through our unceasing pursuit of innovation and transcendence.
People join The Bank of Elk River for the opportunity of a new job, but stay because they have found a dynamic, challenging career. Discover what’s possible.
It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with The Bank of Elk River’s “Code of Ethics Policy.” Each employee is also expected to maintain an awareness of the laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures that are appropriate for his/her position. Each employee must also comply with consumer protection laws that relate to his/her position.
The Bank of Elk River seeks individuals who share our core values of customer service, loyalty, and integrity. We are a community bank where our customers know they can count on our staff for experience, knowledge, and superior service to meet all of their banking needs. The Bank of Elk River is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducts audits of bank functions based on the risk assessment, reviewing accounting systems and records to verify adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and established bank policies and procedures. Prepares formal Board reports documenting audit scope and findings with recommended changes to existing systems and the efficiency with which activities are performed.
• Keeps abreast of changes in the bank policies and procedures. Formulates and recommends appropriate internal controls, verifications and audit trails with a focus on risk and fraud detection.
• Discusses with department managers and other responsible employees any deficiencies discovered during the audit and if necessary provides timelines and project plans to address the steps necessary to correct action. Appraises the adequacy and effectiveness of corrective action taken to resolve audit and internal control system issues. Presents audit report to the Board and bank management.
• Acts as bank liaison to the FDIC examiners, state examiners or other auditors by collecting data, assisting in reconcilement and a final review process.
• Ensures employee accounts are monitored and a monthly report is provided to the President and HR Director.
• Meets quarterly, and as needed, with the Audit committee of the Board of Directors. Works with Audit Committee to engage external auditors to perform the annual Directors’ examination or financial statement audit.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a 4 year college or university preferred and/or 5+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Internal Audit certification (ICBA preferred) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and use computer for extended periods. This employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the Internal Audit department. Responsible for organizing and overseeing all operational and compliance audits of bank activities. Directs outsourced vendors, manages regulatory examinations and conducts audits where accounting and information technology expertise is needed. Appraises internal controls, operations and administrative functions for efficiency and effectiveness. Performs risk assessment on auditable areas to establish annual audit plan. Attends Information Security and Technology Committee meetings. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will have direct access to the Board of Directors and Audit committee.
How to Apply: