Sherburne State Bank
Princeton MN & Becker MN
Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO)
Founded in 1920, Sherburne State Bank is a strong and growing $210M community bank focused on providing value to the communities we serve, fostering customer relationships, and helping our employees grow to their full potential. Sherburne State Bank seeks an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join our dynamic leadership team. Rapid growth necessitates adding an experienced individual pursuing professional challenge and development.
We are growing and are seeking a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) for our Princeton, MN Branch. This individual proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Sherburne State Bank mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
MLO’s continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A MLO’s network may consist of real estate professionals, builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources, and is enhanced by the mortgage loan officer’s regular participation in business related development opportunities & community efforts.
The MLO responds to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from other Sherburne State Bank business channels. The MLO conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The MLO ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA & TRID requirements
· Source and develop loans for all aspects of our market including but not limited to: Secondary Market, HELOC, residential real estate, and new construction.
· Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
· Work with loan team to ensure that all pertinent account documentation is complete and accurate and that all collateral has been properly secured.
· Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority with the bank in accordance with bank procedures.
· Complete necessary credit investigations on each loan application as appropriate for keeping credit files current for the duration of the loan.
· Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks to locate prospects for loans.
· Support the bank’s strong relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
· Our people make the difference, and we put relationships first.
· Build and maintain positive relations with business referral sources, customers, potential customers and co-workers.
· Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
· Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
· Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
· Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and regulations.
· Perform other related work and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, and information retention.
· Ability to interact effectively with employees in order to direct work flow, assess performance and assign duties.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
· Demonstrated relationship-building skills.
· Familiar with banking regulations and responsibilities relating to each including a working knowledge of mortgages, liens and other aspects of the loan collateral perfection.
· Time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Competence with computers and computer systems (hardware and software) to enter, access and retrieve financial data.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed.
· The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
· The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
2-5 years of real estate lending experience.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply:
Email resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org