Sherburne State Bank
Chief Financial Officer
Founded in 1920, Sherburne State Bank is a strong and growing $210M community bank focused on providing value to the communities we serve, fostering customer relationships, and helping our employees grow to their full potential. Sherburne State Bank seeks an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join our dynamic leadership team. Rapid growth necessitates adding an experienced individual pursuing professional challenge and development.
Strategic Planning and Development
• Collaborate with Senior Leadership of the Bank in identifying and implementing financial management strategies to increase profitable, sustainable growth.
• Manage the Bank’s annual budget. Regularly analyze Bank performance compared to budget. Provide detailed reports of that analysis to management and Board.
• Analyze Bank performance to pinpoint opportunities for increased efficiency and improved profitability. Provide guidance on efficiency improvement measures.
• Evaluate new products and services for profitability.
• Chair Asset/Liability Committee.
• Oversee the Bank’s cash position. Ensure the Bank’s cash investment strategies follow the strategic direction of the Bank and vision of the Board of Directors. Monitor Bank’s liquidity position and cash needs.
• Manage Bank’s investment portfolio. Initiate sales, purchases of securities. Monitor quality, liquidity, profitability of investment portfolio in accordance with existing Bank policies. Perform annual review of investments, as required by regulation.
• Develop and implement Bank’s investment policy and liquidity plan balancing risk, return, and liquidity needs. Manage internal rates.
• Provide oversight and overall coordination of the Director’s and FDIC examinations.
• Administer internal audit process.
• Preparation of all financial reports, including income statements and balance sheets, to ensure an accurate financial position is reported. Oversee reconciliation of multiple balance sheet accounts, including, but not limited to, fixed assets, prepaids, and accruals.
• Completion of all required regulatory reports, including, but not limited to, quarterly Call Reports, FR2900, etc.
• Develop and implement Bank’s plans and policies related to activities of a financial nature.
• Manage fixed asset accounting system.
• Supervise accounts payable.
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance/accounting required
• Minimum of 5+ years relevant banking experience
• Strong knowledge of GAAP
• CPA licensure preferred
How to Apply:
Email HR at email@example.com