Citizens Independent Bank
St. Louis Park and Robbinsdale, MN
Universal Banker II
A Universal Banker II must provide exceptional customer service skills and be a team player who is supportive of the Mission, Vision, and Values of Citizens Independent Bank (CIB). The Universal Banker II will have in-depth knowledge of bank products and services and proactively meet the customer’s needs by providing solutions and recognizing referral opportunities. This position serves in a dual-purpose role which requires fulfilling responsibilities of both a Universal Banker and Teller, based on the needs of the branch. The incumbent would coordinate with both functions in the delivery of efficient, accurate and professional service that defines a great customer experience. This includes both lobby and telephone customers.
This is a front-line sales position for all consumer products and services. The incumbent will be expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Identify the financial needs of the consumer and satisfy those needs with appropriate products and services, cross-selling additional products and services as recognized or requested
• Open consumer and business checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, IRAs and Safe Deposit Boxes
• Process new accounts or services in Deposit Pro
• Process loan applications for products such as convenience credit, credit cards and a variety of installment loans, which may include auto, boat, home improvement and vehicle lease paper
• Maintain knowledge of real estate compliance and regulations in order to refer and/or process real estate loan requests.
• Maintain NMLS certification.
• Understand and comply with bank’s loan policies and legal and regulatory requirements
• Assist the manager with the daily processing of overdrafts, offering input to determine whether items are to be paid or returned and notifying Customer Service once completed
• Refer nonbank investment product prospects to a licensed representative
• Participate in the opening, closing and securing of the branch based on a rotating schedule
• Approve checks for payment as needed by the tellers
• Manage a self-developed pipeline of clients and prospects for future selling opportunities with the objective of meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals
• Assist customer with requests, complaints, research and follow-up on details to resolve matter to the customer’s satisfaction
• Actively participate in community organizations including service clubs, Chamber of Commerce, civic projects and governmental organizations.
• Provide support to Business Banking Department when needed, opening business accounts and selling additional products and services. This requires calling on both existing and prospective customers. Make group sales presentations as assigned.
• Maintain and utilize the bank’s CRM (Client Relationship Management) Tool as required
In this dual-purpose role, the incumbent will occasionally serve as Universal Teller of the branch, performing the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Perform as a teller in providing fast and accurate processing of transactions at the teller window.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• A two year college degree or completions of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training
• 1 -3 years prior banking experience preferred
• Prior customer service experience preferred
• Able to build rapport with customers
• Ability to build customer loyalty by seeking long term relationships
• Provide outstanding customer service with a positive attitude
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to keyboard and enter numerical data with speed and accuracy
• Good mathematical aptitude
• Must be able to work under time constraints, use good judgment, and act in a tactful, professional, non-irritated manner while dealing with the public and fellow employees.
How to Apply:
Apply at Bank website at https://www.bankcib.com/about-us/careers.html